Friday 10 January 2014

Out for Lunch with Mum Dress

I finally finished the hem on the New Look 6749 dress I started making last week and got to wear out to lunch with my mum today.  You can read my full review on Pattern Review, but it is a very easy dress to make.  I am still tossing up whether to put a trim under the bust area, but I can't decide whether to make it a white or blue trim.  What do you think?



Anyhow, it was a gorgeous day to be out and about (30 degrees celsius) and we had  a lovely lunch.  I appreciate our time together.  She is currently 81 years and still going strong.  Here is a photo of us together at lunch.  It looks like we are on sale!!!


I was at her place last week, and she was going through her closet.  She gave me a few of her dresses from the 1960's.  They were beautifully handmade, and if they actually fit me (she was a lot smaller than me!) I would actually wear them as they are current.  I will post photos of them in the next couple of days. 

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and fits perfectly! Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dress. White would be a great contrast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty dress... love the silhouette on you. Im in the rtw fast too!

    ReplyDelete